Friday, April 13, 2012

Have a sense of humor? Become an IT worker.

April 13, 2012

What’s the most bizarre question you’ve been asked in your role as an IT professional?

Whatever your answer is, I hope it equals – or even tops – the hilarious examples given by IT workers who were polled in a survey about strange requests.

Developed by Robert Half Technology, the survey is based on phone interviews with more than 1,400 CIOs from U.S. companies with 100 or more employees. Responses also came from help-desk managers.

The question: “What is the strangest or most unusual request you or a member of your help desk or technical support team has ever received?"

Some response from CIOs:
"Can I turn on the coffee pot with my computer?"
"How do I clean cat hair out of my computer fan?"
"How do I remove a sesame seed from the keyboard?"
"I dropped my phone in the toilet. What should I do?"
"How do I pirate software?"

And among help desk professionals:
"Can you help me fix my toilet?"
"We need you to fix the microwave in the lunchroom."
"Can you help me repair a washing machine?"
"How do I start the Internet?"
"Will you show me how to use the mouse?"

No comments:

Post a Comment